How To Install Bathtub Shower Walls
If the tub fits easily into the space and the plumbing is already set up you can install it yourself.
How to install bathtub shower walls. Mold growth behind tiles can be problematic so if you currently have tile it s recommended that you remove it before installing the bathtub or shower surround. The first two categories are the most popular. They all have a hard shiny surface but they differ in stiffness reparability and projected longevity. Then pull it away for 30 seconds.
Position the drain shoe on the underside of the tub and screw the drain flange into the threads. Installation variations in a typical remodeling project using a direct to studs surround kit you first install a bathtub or shower base then finish the wall with the surround kit attaching them directly to the studs with no need for drywall or cement board as a backer. Everything you need to know to install glue up shower walls. Shopping for a bathtub and wall surround kit.
Screw it onto the drain and then tighten it down completely. Take a bit of plumber s putty roll it in your hands and place it on the underside of the drain flange. Everything you need to know to install a direct to stud shower enclosure. Shower area prep dry fitting the shower making plumbing holes installing the base installing the panels caulking and sealing and finishing exposed walls.
Unscrew the tub spout and tub overflow cover. Let the walls dry. Before beginning spread a thick canvas dropcloth over the bathroom floor and any nearby fixtures. We divided them into three material categories and price ranges.
For how to information see install an acrylic tub and. Apply silicone caulk first to the gap inside where the shower pan meets the drain and around the lip on the underside of the drain flange. Secure the flanges to the wall studs and fit the tub surround into the space. Removing fixtures creating level lines wall prep panel planning trimming panels dry fitting and applying adhesive.
Apply the adhesive to one of the side walls as described earlier and then spread it around with the trowel. Take the panel press it onto the wall and make sure it engages with the adhesive over the entire surface. Caulk the surround and any cracks so the area is sealed. To ensure that the surround properly bonds to the wall clean the walls and apply a primer to the backerboard.
Before installing the first panel lay a bead of caulk along the edge of the tub base. With the flange installed attach the strainer to the drain with screws. Then repair any damaged spots on the walls. To put in the drain turn the tub on its side and install it according to the manufacturer s instructions.
Remove the faucet tub spout and shower head pry the plastic cover off the faucet and remove the screws that hold the handle and trim plate.
- Luxurious Bathroom Modern Bathroom Designs 2019
- Luxury Bathroom Design
- Master Bath Cabinet Color Ideas
- Luxury Master Bath Remodel Ideas
- Master Bathroom Bathroom Mirror Ideas For Double Vanity
- Luxury Modern Big Bathroom Designs
- Master Bathroom Decor Ideas 2019
- Marble Subway Tile Bathroom Ideas
- Luxury Bathroom Design Images
- Luxury Elegant Master Bathroom Ideas
- Luxury Stunning Modern Bathroom Designs
- Low Budget Grey Modern Small Bathroom Designs
- Lowes Small Bathroom Ideas
- Luxury Small Bathroom Design Ideas
- Main Floor Bathroom Decorating Ideas
- Luxury Stunning Luxury Master Bathroom Ideas
- Luxury Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas
- Lowes Bathroom Shower Tile Ideas
- Low Budget Bathroom Design Ideas
- Low Cost Simple Small Bathroom Ceiling Designs